Recap from Feb 20,2013 talk at Codingdojo.co:
Agile software development is superior than Waterfall because high speed and adaptability. Agilemanifestor.org said it best, quote:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
I gave a bunch of real life examples and role played with students. We talk about best practices using real life examples we face at Spot Trender. For instance:
- How engineers can set expectation for business people.
- How can the team get as much information as possible about product without fully coding it out.
- How CTO can maximize an engineer capability.
- How business people can hold engineers accountable, without micromanaging and saying dumb things like “this feature sounds simple enough.”